July 30, 2010

a baby quilt for Carter . . .

Another one marked off my list! This is for my sweet little nephew Carter. The fabric is from Riley Blake's All Star line (one of my favorite boy lines!), and the back is a soft flannel from the Shadowplay Flannels by Maywood . It's the same layout as Meagan's quilt, just alternating blocks with four patches, and free motion quilted in invisible thread.
I have been so impressed with the quality, prints, and colors in Riley Blake's fabrics lately. And especially LOVE that they make distinctive boy lines (check out Wheels and All Star 2 is coming out soon). They also have some beautiful girl lines and a bunch of their lines are available in flannels.
I'm linking this up to Sew & Tell Friday - go check it out for some sewing inspiration!

12 comments:

Quiltstory said... #

Beautiful quilt! YOur nephew will be super happy!

Larri said... #

Gorgeous! What a lucky baby boy. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

www.seamsinspired.com

Tania Grim said... #

LOVE IT! I know Geri uses these fabrics and they look so awesome!

Doulanic said... #

That is awesome!! Love it. You've got some talent there girl!

Lappedamen said... #

I am sure Carter will love the quilt. It's beautiful, I love the colors.

Quiltpiecer said... #

I love the fabric in this quilt! I know your nephew will be so happy with it ... thanks for sharing!

p.s.phyllis sews said... #

Love those fabrics that you chose!

Margaret Aikema said... #

Very nice Becca!

Sue said... #

Love the fabrics! It turned out great. :)

Linda said... #

That is really a great quilt! I love the fabrics and the pattern as well. Actually...I love everything about it:)

Alisa said... #

It turned out really great! So glad you put the flannel on the back :-)

Andrea DV said... #

I absolutely LOVE it. It goes perfectly in his room. Carter loves to stare at the contrast of the patterns and colors. :)