July 07, 2010

a baby quilt for Meagan . . .

Finally, a quilt finish! I've been wandering to my sewing room much more lately and am so pleased to have this marked off my list, especially since my niece is almost 8 months old already! The fabric is from Riley Blake's Bloom & Grow line, and the backing is a minkee with a heart design found at my local fabric store (it pulled out the shade of blue perfectly!). It's a simple quilt pattern, just alternating blocks with four patches; and it's free-motioned with invisible thread (and I broke 5 needles in the process! Note to self: quilt shop quality invisible thread is much better that generic fabric store brands!!).

6 comments:

Tania Grim said... #

looks great. Ive been doing alot of sewing too, very theraputic. cant wait for our next retreat.

Tania Grim said... #
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said... #

Thanks again! It looks gorgeous - we haven't used it yet since the heat wave hit :)

Sue said... #

So cute! Love the fabric. I'm sure that it feels great to get it completed. :)

Margaret Aikema said... #

That is a gorgeous looking quilt Becca. You shine once again.

Alisa said... #

Yeah! You got it finished! It looks great. Only 2 more to go... :-)