August 09, 2010

Petal Knot Dresses . . . and little petal knot purses . . .

Have I mentioned that I sew for fabric? I came accross a request for some custom petal knot dresses on a forum that I frequent, and couldn't resist answering. It turns out that the person asking also happens to work at Joanne's Fabric and since we don't have any close by, I was more than willing to make the dresses in exchange for some fabric from the store. She picked out a great assortment of knits and flannels for me, and I'm hoping to get working on some projects with them soon! The pattern that I used for these dresses is Portabellopixie Claire and the matching little purses were made using the Luscious Bow Tote pattern (I scaled it in half and instead of a bow, I made petal knot straps and knotted them). It was especially fun working with someone else's fabric combinations; each one is so different but so cute! These little sets will be on their way tomorrow and I'm hoping that some little girls will get lots of wear out of them!

6 comments:

Alisa said... #

Great job on the dresses, Rebecca. I like the animal one. I don't know that I would have picked it, but it works really well.

Margaret Aikema said... #

Impressive Becca! I really like the matching purses to go along with the dresses. I love the last set.

Christina said... #

those dresses are so cute, what a fabric combo

tara said... #

Wow, the dresses and bags are super cute. I have the dress pattern and really should get it out. Great inspiration.

Sue said... #

What great fabrics! The matching dress and purse sets are so cute!

Shari said... #

Great job once again :)