July 09, 2010

a little boy organizer . . .

So now that we've been blessed with a son, I have been on the lookout for cute boy fabrics. A thoughtful friend gave me some prints from a line called Traffic Jam and I've been admiring them for quite some time, trying to find the right project for them. I finally took the rotary cutter to them this week and created an organizer for Justin. For now I'll be using it for his cloth diapers, wipes, wetbag, and the zippered pocket is for his CJ's butter; but when he outgrows diapers, he can use it for organizing whatever a little boy might want to take with him. The organizer was largely inspired by this one I found on Etsy, I just tweaked the design to work as a diaper clutch. I've started to make a couple matching wetbags, and want to cover my wipes case with some fabric too - gotta get the most use out of the scraps, right?!
. . . linking this up to Sew and Tell Friday.

8 comments:

Margaret Aikema said... #

What a sweetie!
Looks like a handy clutch.

Karen said... #

Great boy fabrics and a great finish. he sure looks the picture of innocence and oh so cute.

Larri said... #

Great idea and cute, cute boy! Looking at him makes me smile. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

Alisa said... #

That is so neat! It looks great. I'm so glad you used the fat quarters and you used them so well! See you tomorrow at church.

Carla said... #

Very cool idea. It's so organized and I love it! It would make wonderful baby gifts too.

Dayna said... #

So cute! I appreciate a good "boy" project. Our sons get a raw deal in our house, as most projects are geared toward us girls.

Sue said... #

What a neat idea and a great way to stay organized. :)

p.s.phyllis sews said... #

Great idea and love the fabrics that you picked!