November 12, 2013

more sewing for the little man . . .


This past week, I've been spending all my sewing time on items for my little guy. Here's the second item I've completed - a new bath robe.



He had outgrown his old one, and wasn't really interested in his sister's purple hand-me-down.  I used a $1 pattern from the clearance bin at my local fabric store, and the fabric was given to me by my mother-in-law.


He loves how cozy it is, and there's lots of room to grow so it should last a few years.


I just finished off a couple more items for him, so there will be more handmade boy items being blogged about this week.  And Thursday is my day in the For the Boys Blog hop, so check back for your chance at some giveaway prizes.

5 comments:

Paula said... #

I love that! It looks very warm and toasty. I am going to have to start sewing for my 5 yr old great-niece. It is so hard to find things to fit her.

BillieBee (billiemick) said... #

Hahaha! He's too cute! Love it.

Nina said... #

My boys always loved their robes. I think they still wear robes as grown men. Your little one is such a cutie...and he certainly resembles his mom!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said... #

Brings back good memories sewing for my boys! Darling robe. He looks so cute in it.

Connie Kresin Campbell said... #

What a great little robe and....model!! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday