November 12, 2013

robot backpack and lunchbag . . .


Another sew for my little guy this week - a new backpack and lunchbag.
 

These Robot Factory prints from Robert Kaufman are so fun, and I picked up a basic backpack pattern for a $1 at my local fabric store.



I made a couple changes to the pattern - I wanted a big front pocket with a velcro flap for his gym clothes, and I wanted the straps to be adjustable.  I used a free online tutorial for the lunchbag, but tweaked it a bit.


The inside fabric is Kona Flame, and there's a divided pocket for some of his treasures.


Linking up to Purse Palooza.  And Thursday is my day in the For the Boy Blog Hop - one more boy project to finish up this week!

3 comments:

Nueyer said... #

Love the backpack!!! Wish I had sufficient skills to make one for my boy

Danih03 said... #

That's a great looking backpack!! I'll bet your kid is envy of the class! Love the fabrics and I can't believe the pattern was only one buck! Good luck with the challenge:)

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said... #

Dropped by from Bag Brag Tuesday, that's an amazing backpack and I love that he's the only one who'll have it. Great colours and fabrics and doesn't he look just fab?! :D