November 08, 2013

Sewing for the boy . . .


I'm joining in the For the Boys Blog Hop over at Sew Incredibly Crazy that's going on right now.  My day isn't until the 14th, but I've decided to dedicate all my sewing room time to my little guy this week, and share some boy sewing over a few blog posts.  The first on my list was trying out the Classic Oxford shirt from Peek-a-Boo Patterns.  The fabric I used is from Joel Dewberry.


I went simple for my first try at this pattern, and chose the short sleeve option and snaps for buttons.  I love all the details - the pleat in the back, front pocket, back yoke, and how nice and sturdy the collar is. My little guy loves it too, and it fits him perfect.  I have plans to make a long-sleeve version with cuffs and convertible sleeves next.


So check back with me next week for some more boy sewing, and a giveaway on my day to host!

9 comments:

Sewing Mom said... #

Great shirt! I love the fabric.

nicole said... #

The fabric is just perfect for this shirt! Great job! Love all the little details, especially the snaps!

Nueyer said... #

Bright and cheery, very nice!!

SIMPLESEW said... #

cute and you make plaid print easy to sew with..

Alisa said... #

It looks good (and not at all girly)!

Kris said... #

Love this plaid and it turned out so cute!

Lori said... #

very nice shirt. perfect colors for fall.

adriprints said... #

Love the bag and the shirt! Is the Joel Dewberry fabric flannel or quilting cotton? Either way, I love it!

ipatchandquilt said... #

Wow, super cool shirt! It really looks perfect on him.
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com