July 02, 2013

secret tote bag swap . . .

I just finished a secret tote bag swap and this is what I came up with for my partner.  She didn't give any color preferences or pattern choices, so I had free reign of what to make.


I love putting hardware on bags - so I added some rings for the straps, and a magnetic snap for the closure. There are lots of pockets, a side pleat detail, and deep front pocket.  This is a sturdy bag with lots of interfacing, fusible fleece, and a thick interfacing for the bottom.  I finished off the top edge with a bias binding because it would've been really hard to turn all those layers right-side out.


She did request longer straps, and so I tried out some natural cotton straps from Wholeport.com.  They are a really nice quality, and soft and flexible.  Their shop has a big selection of colors and sizes.


Some goodies, Summer napkins, toothpick umbrellas, and a little tray were added into the package, and they're on their way to my secret partner.  I'll be sure to post mine when it arrives!



7 comments:

Pam said... #

That is a really lovely bag, did you make the pattern yourself?.

SIMPLESEW said... #

its very lovely

Nueyer said... #

very pretty! So sweet of you to add little gifts too =)

Lia*s Handmades said... #

So pretty, love it! :D

Carin@Ullhärvan said... #

It's really lovely!

Grace said... #

Rebecca,
This is a beautiful bag and wish it comes my way. I only saw a picture at the bottom of Lia's message but can't see it with the other bags in flickr, but then again I'm not very familiar with the "flicker thing" myself.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/2174933@N25/pool/
This is an amazin bag, I'm sure your secret partner will just love it, if she doesn't, please ask her to forward it to me.

Dawn said... #

Oh my! What an awesome bag! Whoever is your secret partner is a lucky gal. You chose great fabrics and a wonderful pattern. All of those pockets make it very usable.
Happy 4th!