June 25, 2013

matching girl and doll dresses . . .


A little while back, I was gifted a Chapters gift card from my secret sister. So I finally bought a book that's been on my wish list for a long time - All Dolled Up, a book with matching girl and doll clothes.


My youngest daughter came with me to the fabric store and picked out a couple prints for my first creation from the book.  I went with a simple jumper pattern - it looks nice with a t-shirt underneath, but my daughter insists that it can pass as a sundress too.


The pattern was well written and these didn't take long to make.  There's a zipper closure on the back of the girl's dress, and velcro on the doll (but I opted to use snaps instead).  I think my fear of little doll clothes was overcome with this project, and I'm hoping to make a couple more patterns from the book this Summer.



4 comments:

Anonymous said... #

Really cute! Definitely looks like a sundress!

Mareenchen said... #

How darling! Like both dresses a lot.

Ashley said... #

Its super cute!

jelly andrews said... #

I love the idea of matching clothes. It looks so cute. And I agree with her that it is better be used as a sundress than a jumper.