June 21, 2013

a modern window update . . .


Six years ago I sewed a pair of curtains for our bedroom, and they were starting to look a little outdated. So an hour spent in my sewing room, and a more modern set was made.  The print fabric is from Wholeport.com, and it's a canvas weight.  The black strip on the top and bottom is a heavier weight suiting fabric from my stash.


Canvas fabrics are a bit heavier weight than cotton and can be used for many different purposes.  Wholeport carries lots of modern prints in canvas, and I have quite a few on my wishlist for some bag-making.



6 comments:

Unknown said... #

ooh, I make a lot of bags and I'll have to check out this website. Thanks for the info! I love your curtains!

Paula said... #

Love the circles. The black strips set it off perfectly!

Rebecca said... #

I posted curtains too, ha!

Yours look great!

Julie said... #

Cute! I love the fabric!

Michelle@factotum-of-arts.com said... #

I love the retro flower print and the stripes. Cool Fabric. The black and white fabric used in the curtains is great!!

Sara said... #

What a neat idea to use canvas for curtains!