October 23, 2012

playing with fabric . . .

I've had so many ideas for new projects lately, but still don't have the energy to make them.  It seems that the biggest setback in my recovery is upper chest and back pain from the CO2 that they pumped in me for the surgery - has anyone else had this problem?  I'd love to know when it will start getting better . . .


But anyways, I wanted to show off some of the fabrics that I've been playing with in the meantime.  The fat quarter bundle above was purchased from a school fundraiser, it's from a local quilt shop.  The next two bundles of fat quarters are from my Secret Sister through the women in our church.  Didn't she completely SPOIL me?  I LOVE the prints and colours, and have a bunch of ideas of what to make with them.  I think I'll work on a couple small projects and accessories with them, and I'll definitely be making myself some things so I can enjoy them for a long time :)



4 comments:

Heather D. said... #

Nice fabrics Rebecca. I had to read back in your blog to see why you haven't been well. Yikes, appendectomy?! Hope you feel much better soon.

Sue said... #

Love all the fabrics! Have fun deciding what to make with them. :) Hope the pain goes away soon. When I had my c-section I had it a bit however it was gone by the time I went home.

Laura said... #

walking around helped me the most. Once you get rid of that gas under your diaphragm it usually stops "referring" pain.

Sabrina said... #

Laura is right, walk around alot. I had two surgeries over a 2 month span and walking helped with the "gas" pain. Feel better soon. Love your fabric.