October 18, 2012

a Kindle cover . . .

This past Saturday, I went to the ER with stomach pains, and was released a day later after an appendectomy.  So this past week has been a struggle with pain, medications, and trying to rest - but I am on the mend.  We have been blessed with family and friends that have helped us out - a couple friends took my kids for a few days, my Mom took my five-year old and nephew for the week (he was staying with us), and our church community is taking care of our meals.


I was hoping to finish up a quilt this week, but since I'm unable to crawl all over a quilt to baste it right now, I found a small small project to do instead - a Kindle cover.  My brother lent me his to read some books, and my Mom has the same one.  After seeing this tutorial, and since I had the Kindle to measure, I decided to make one for my Mom.


The fabrics were given to me by Andover and they are charms quartered into 2.5" squares.  I used the darker prints for the outside, and lighter ones for the inside.  The scrappy binding is also from the charms.  I had the buckle left from another project, and used a magnetic snap for the closure.  I hope she likes it!


Linking up to Finish it Up FridayConfessions of a Fabric Addict and Sew & Tell Friday.

7 comments:

Mary said... #

I hope your all better soon!

I love the Kindle cover! Your Mom is going to be so pleased!

Diane said... #

Cute cover! Your mom should be pleased... hope you are feeling better.

Donna said... #

Love the kindle cover. Glad to hear your on the mend, I had mine out in June and I hate sitting still to rest so it was a nightmare!

Anonymous said... #

nice patchwork. hope you are feeling better each day

Sue said... #

So glad that you are home and on the mend. I am sure your mom will love the cover. Take care.

Karen said... #

Very pretty cover. Hope you are felling much better.

Judee said... #

How good of you to make a project after surgery! Give yourself a rest and get well.