October 29, 2012

Notepad Organizers . . .

After my recent surgery, a couple great friends took care of our kids for a few days.  I wanted to say 'thank-you' to them with something handmade, and after coming across this tutorial, decided on some notepad organizers.  I changed the measurements to fit a 5x8 pad of paper, and made the notepad pocket taller.  There's lots of pockets including a zippered one, and I had fun mixing up the prints from six different fat quarters.  I hope they like them!



7 comments:

Farm Fancies said... #

Love how you've used the fabrics. Very inspiring notebook organisers. The Kindle cover is nifty too. Glad to see an appendectomy hasn't affected your creative flair :).

kat129 said... #

Great colors and fabric choices. I am sure your friends will love them!
cheers!
-k

Ellyn said... #

what a wonderful thank you gift! love these!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said... #

Lovely fabric choices! These are my go-to gifts for teacher's gifts. So pretty and yet so practical! :)

Lisa said... #

Good choice for using your new fabric! I love these florals - they are so calming in these tones. These look gorgeous.

Barb Neiwert said... #

Those are great fabrics for your organizer - I really like them.

Anonymous said... #

I love this idea, might use it for some homemade Xmas gifts