October 11, 2012

Double-sized Quilt - done!

I'm so happy to have this one checked off my list - my daughter has been waiting for this quilt for way too long!  I repainted her bedroom to white this past Summer which goes much better with this quilt than the old yellow covered in her sister's drawings.  I still hope to find some vinyl art or do some stencilling in her room.


The fabric was donated to me by a close friend, and it's from Pat Bravo's Spellbound line.  I searched for some matching yardage and ended up getting in contact with Pat Bravo herself to find it.  She lead me directly to the right source.  So now I have four prints waiting to be turned into curtains and some throw pillows.


The backing of the quilt is a fleece blanket that we found in a retail store.  I really don't like piecing backings, and my daughter insisted on something soft.  This blanket was a perfect match, and she loves it.


The quilting is an all-over meander, and in the bottom corner I quilted my daughter's name and a flower. This is something I've done in my other daughter's quilts too. Can you see it?  It's 'Elayna'.


Linking up to Finish it Up FridayConfessions of a Fabric Addict and amylouwhosews.

12 comments:

Kristan said... #

Very nice! Genius idea to use a fleece blanket as a backing. And how cool that Pat Bravo helped you find the yardage you needed.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said... #

Your fabrics look really great in that vertical layout and I love your color choices too. Great job!

Sue said... #

Looks great! Love the fabrics! :)

Kat said... #

That's a big quilt! Congrats on the finish and for quilting it yourself. I love how you added your daughter's name, what a sweet touch!

Kim said... #

Nicely done, it sure looks cozy too.

Happy Sewing

Gra said... #

Nice work!!

Karen H said... #

Wow, very pretty!

Tania Grim said... #

That turned out so great I remember seeing you start that one :)

Sarah Craig said... #

How cute, Rebecca! Lucky daughter!! Whoop whoop!!

p.s.phyllis sews said... #

Great job on quilting her name in to the side! Love the choices of fabric that you put together!

CentralJerseyMQG said... #
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said... #

I tried to comment on this when you posted but apparently it didn't go through! Anyway, just wanted to say it is gorgeous and I love the quilting!!