June 20, 2012

My 'real' full-time job and trying to keep things clean . . .

As much as I love sewing and quilting, I really don't spend much time on them compared to my 'real' full-time job: raising my little bunch.  My two older girls are in full-time school, but my two younger ones still keep me on my toes during the day . . .

Especially my little guy, he is into everything!  I seriously have child-locks on everything and he's almost three years old.  I spend most of his awake time cleaning up his spills, telling him to get off my counter, and trying to steer him towards his toys.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE nap time?

And don't let the little princess fool you - she likes to colour on walls, steal the ice cream out of the fridge and leave it melting behind the couch, and leaves apple cores and banana peels in her path.

I also like to involve myself in my daughters' school activities, sports days, volunteering, field trips, and fundraising which keeps me busy but is also a lot of fun.  And we have a Summer planned with swimming lessons, gymnastics, camping, and I'm sure there will be lots of playdates too.

And I've also hosted a couple friends kids overnight so they could have a getaway, adding an extra kid to the fun around here.  We had the luxury of getting away for a week to the Caribbean this past Winter, and it is so nice to have willing friends and family to take on our kids so we could have the break.

Through all this fun and sometimes chaos - my kids get dirty, and sometimes they even get sick.  And I'm not the best housekeeper, but I do know the importance of cleaning the bathroom and counters and making sure my kids wash up after using the washroom.  Thanks to products like Lysol's new no-hands soap, this is one job that's easy to get done.  Lysol is giving away 12,500 free Lysol® No-Touch Hand Soap dispensers - just visit the Lysol® Canada Facebook page for more details.


Disclosure: I am part of the Lysol® Healthy Families Ambassador Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”