June 18, 2012

Boxed Strings charity quilt . . .

May was my month in the Joy Do Good Stitches charity bee, and I asked everyone in my bee to dig out their girly string scraps and make some simple 12.5" string blocks.  This past weekend I received the last of the blocks, and pressed them and laid them out so I could admire all these beautiful prints together.



Then, using the instructions I gave for my Boxed Strings quilt block, I whacked them all in half and reassembled them.  I think this makes such a fun scrappy quilt, and am looking forward to getting it all sewn up.  It will be donated to Victoria's Quilts, a charity dedicated to providing quilts to cancer patients.



Linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday.

10 comments:

Bumblebee and Sophie said... #

I really love what cutting the blocks in half does to the pattern! I need to give this a try! Thanks for sharing!

**nicke... said... #

wow! so so pretty rebecca!

Sofia L said... #

these look great. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Ellie Q said... #

Love the quilt! It's amazing what a little cutting and repositioning can do for regular old strip blocks! :)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said... #

This is fab! Amazing how those blocks are transformed!

Anonymous said... #

Gorgeous quilt !!!!

Linda said... #

Wonderful!!

Tania Grim said... #

Thats really cool that you make them for charity! cant wait to see it done!!!

Vesuviusmama said... #

How simple yet pretty!

Anonymous said... #

Cutting them in half really makes the difference. Looks great! Greetings from Iceland, Berglind :)