June 12, 2012

Sweet Starlet progress and a quick finish . . .

My king-size Sweet Starlet quilt is coming along.  I've got the center star all pieced, I just need to attach the corner scrappy triangles, and start on the borders.  What backing to use has been on my mind and I'm thinking of ordering an extra-wide cotton but haven't found anything I like yet (something with a print, but not flowers, maybe swirls or paisley?).


And this is the quick project I got done lately - we live in a house with a small front entry that was always cluttered with shoes because our little guy likes to dump over the shoe rack.  After picking up this cubbyhole shoe organizer second hand last week, the situation was getting better.  Then a friend and I stopped at our local fabric store last week and I picked up some foam and fabric for a cushion - and now the kids can sit on it to put their shoes on, which gives us more room to get around each other when getting ready to go out.  And the best part - my little guy hasn't figured out how to dump this one out yet :)


Linking up to Fabric Tuesday.

6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said... #

Love your star block..I've made this same star; but not with the same corners. I really like that added to it.

Heather D. said... #

The quilt is looking SO amazing! Is it as huge so far as it looks? How about some of this wide Moda dottie fabric for backing?

Katy Cameron said... #

Oh wow, that quilt is amazing! Great idea on the shoe rack too :o)

**nicke... said... #

wow! it is lovely!

Tania Grim said... #

Im in LOVE with that quilt WOW!

Vesuviusmama said... #

I wish I could find a shoe organizer like that! It looks great with the cushion on top.