January 27, 2012

a couple more bag finishes . . .

This is another 241 Tote, but the first one that I made for myself!  I also tried the zipper pockets this time, and they were seriously the easiest zippers I've ever done.  I have plans to make one more of these bags for my sister-in-law to use as a small diaper bag.  I'll make it with the outside pockets and zipper pockets so she'll have lots of places to put all the 'stuff' that comes along with toting a little one around.


I put in a key-chain holder this time too, so handy!  And the strap is extra-long so I could wear it cross-body for all the shopping we did on our vacation, I didn't want to run the risk putting it down and forgetting my ID somewhere.


And this is another bag for a little girl's birthday that one of my daughters went to.  The pattern is a smaller version of the Tie Front Tote.


And this bag also uses up the last of my bigger pieces of Feeling Groovy from Riley Blake.  I bought 12 half yard cuts back in August, and have made 6 little bags for birthday presents, some notebook holders and tissue pouches, and the wall decor and wall pockets for my daughters room.


All I have left are some scraps of these fabrics now, and I'm debating whether or not to buy some more from the fabric line.  I love how fun and girly it is, but not too 'young' for my almost 9-year old.  So I'd love some suggestions for another fabric line that would work well, or if someone sees a half-yard bundle of Feeling Groovy at some really good clearance pricing, I probably won't be able to pass it up :)


Linking up to Sew & Tell Friday and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


24 comments:

BumbleBee Bagz said... #

Love it! They came out really cute!

Kristen said... #

Super cute kids tote. I love the grey on yours! Your sister is going to love the fashionable diaper bag you'll make! :)

Katie said... #

I really like making bags, yours turned out great. I love diaper bags that don't scream "baby", very stylish!

Mrs.Pickles said... #

lovely tote!

Unknown said... #
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said... #

Very cute bags!

Leslie said... #

these bags are great!!! come on over to my blog...you won the giveaway

Heather D. said... #

I love that 241 tote. Need to get the pattern! Is the keychain thingie part of the pattern or did you add that yourself?

Sue said... #

Love the fabrics and the patterns! So practical and stylish at the same time. :)

Grandma G said... #

Two more great bags! Well done!

Sarcastic Quilter said... #

These look great! I'm headed to that 241 link now for that bag. I have a friend I might be able to coerce into making one for me. :D

Katy Cameron said... #

Ooh, love that 241 tote, I think it's the first time I've see it with the zip pockets (I'm yet to tackle it, although I have it all printed and ready to go)

Cute wee bag for your daughter's friend too

Vroomans' Quilts said... #

Great bags! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said... #

Great job! That's a super cute collection!
Whoop Whoop!

Heather said... #

Love them both! Beautiful fabrics! :o)

Tania Grim said... #

I love the 241 bag I think its one of my favorites that you make.

Victoria Paige @ Boutique Uniquely said... #

Great totes! I have the 241 pattern. Still need to give it a try!

Dayna said... #

These are super-duper cute!

**nicke... said... #

i love that 241. so so cute! and the heart fabric... my daughter would LOVE that!

Dee said... #

I am not a bag person, but I have to say I really like these! They look professionally made and I love hearing about zippers being conquered!

Great finishes!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said... #

There is some great VW Bug fabric out there that goes nicely with yours. I've been meaning to buy some to make a quilt like my VW Bug truck (custom from the '70's). I've only seen it online, not at the stores around here. Cute bags.

Sarah Craig said... #

Such cute purses! Whoop whoop!!

Elizabeth said... #

Those are such cute bags! When you mentioned making a bag for your SIL, a light went off in my head . . . Maybe I'll make bags for my sisters and SIL's. They would make really great b-day gifts.

Great finish and thanks for linking up!

xo -E

Unknown said... #

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!

I am a mama of 4 too! I am also a new follower and a fellow #KinderMOM!

Come say HI, http://inRdream.blogspot.com

Tammy @inRdream