December 30, 2011

the rest of my Christmas gift sewing . . .

My kids picked names with my nieces/nephews for Christmas this year, which meant that we had four gifts to bring.  So to save some $$, the kids came to the craft room with me and picked through my fabric and decided on what I should make.


For my 2 year old niece and 18 month nephew, we decided on backpacks.  Now they can carry their own stuff around instead of my sisters needing to take a diaper bag along.  The pattern is from Oliver+S Little Things To Sew, and the one that I made for my little guy has been getting lots of use around here.


For my 5 year old niece, we decided on an apron (no photo) and a Tinkerbell tissue pouch/notebook holder set.


And for my 10 year old niece, she had requested a cross-body purse and it was also my chance to try out a pattern from my new Sew Serendipity Bags book that I won on the ZiaMariaDesigns blog.


Then the night before gift opening, I found the time to make a quick pair of matching pyjamas for my two oldest girls.  I had won these two yards of Fly Away fabric on the Red Fish Circle blog a little while back (fabric line to be released Feb 2012), and it was just enough for two pairs of pyjama pants and some appliqué circles on some purchased shirts.  And I'm happy to say that these have been worn every night since :)


And that concludes my 2011 Christmas sewing.  I enjoyed taking the time thinking about each recipient and creating something just for them.

11 comments:

Katy Cameron said... #

Great job by the kids picking out the gifts for their cousins, and those jammies are fab!

Vesuviusmama said... #

Great gifts! I particularly like that cross body bag and the pajamas!

Alisa said... #

Very well done! I love the pj's. Maybe they can wear them on Saturday night!

Anonymous said... #

Everything looks lovely! I love the fabrics your kiddos picked!

xoxo Kim

Sarah Craig said... #

Oh, Rebecca, you made some lovely things for Christmas!! Whoop whoop!!

Sue said... #

Love all the fabrics! The pj's are cute. :)

Vicki @ DottyJane said... #

Very cute gifts! I love that you put contrasting cuffs on the pajama pants:)

Lucky-1 said... #

Those back packs are awesome:)

HUGGLES
Lucky

quirky granola girl said... #

those backpacks are great!

Anonymous said... #

cute! I'm excited to use the backpack pattern for my girls.

**nicke... said... #

i made backpacks for christmas this year too!