March 09, 2011

a productive weekend of quilting . . .

This past weekend was our annual quilt retreat! I helped with the organizing this year, so my morning was a bit of a slow start with checking everyone in, but once I got some time in with my sewing machine I managed to get two twin size quilt tops quilted! I am so glad that these quilts are off my to-do list as the tops were pieced so long ago, it's embarrassing.
This is the first quilt I finished, and after machine-stitching the binding down yesterday, it is now on Chantel's bed. The backing is mostly a pink non-pill fleece with a little bit of purple pieced in. She had requested a soft backing, and I skipped the batting layer ~ it quilted up so easily! I just did a large free-motion meander for the quilting. The pattern is Lucky Stars from Atkinson Designs. And I'm not sure if you can read it, but I quilted her name into the corner of the quilt (my kids LOVE having their names on their things).
If you want to read about our quilt retreat, it's in a guest blogger post at Quilting Gallery today!

2 comments:

A Gal Who said... #

Really pretty quilt! Good job! I enjoyed seeing it.

Lindy said... #

Lucky little persons to have such a gifted mommy. So bright and pretty. Had fun cruising your blog. Thanks!