June 09, 2015

Tween dress . . .

I have a hard time finding dresses for my twelve year that fit her properly, but are long enough in length. We googled some styles together and found one we both liked - a high/low style with lace top and knit bottom.


In my sewing room was a lace shirt waiting for an upcycle project, a piece of ponte de roma knit from Girl Charlee's boxing day sale, and the Tara Tank dress pattern from Serendipity Studio.


I went with the XXS size, and the only modifications I made were eliminating the drawstring waistband since she wanted to wear it with a belt, and taking an inch from the top of the shoulder seams to give a better fit. I used a light cotton to line the lace in the bodice, and used the plain bodice pattern piece instead of the pleated style.


She loves how comfortable is, and that it's long enough to wear without leggings. I'm loving how quick of a sew it was, and that it's age-appropriate for her. Still can't believe that I used a ladies pattern for one of my daughters (sniff, sniff) but I guess that was going to happen one day.

2 comments: