May 20, 2015

Snail trail quilt for JOY circle...

I have always wanted to make a Snail Trail quilt - I love the block design, but making a whole quilt of those blocks intimidated me. But as a quilter for the JOY circle for Do Good Stitches, I get to decide on a quilt twice a year and have nine other ladies sew up a couple blocks of my choosing for it. The quilt is then donated to a local hospital or cancer center.


The quilt block tutorial we used can be found here. It is more simplified than some Snail Trail blocks out there. Everyone was asked to use two main colors per block in choices of purple, dark pink, turquoise, and white. I wanted a finished quilt that would be suitable for a girl or woman of any age. I'm loving the blocks that came back from everyone and am looking forward to quilting this one up.


If you are interested in joining one of the circles from Do Good Stitches, it's a small monthly commitment, and you can sign up here.

2 comments:

Corrie H. @ Mountain Stitches said... #

I love your quilt. I just helped a friend of mine with the Snail Trail block, and it's just a fun block! I like how you did them all different colors. Way to go!

Rosa said... #

Such a beautiful quilt and love your fabric combo!