November 07, 2014

Winner and JOY circle update...


My turn as quilter has come up again in our JOY circle for Do Good Stitches. It was a good reminder to get my quilt top done from the last time I hosted now that the blocks have finished trickling in. I chose the Fairground Quilt tutorial from the Moda Bake Shop, which ended up in an assortment of different flag blocks. For the 'string' for the blocks, I used a rickrack. I just need to pick up a backing for this, or piece something together so I can get it quilted.


And the randomly selected winner of the Roots & Wings fat quarter bundle from the Fat Quarter Shop is Kim V. Congratulations! I've sent you an email.

7 comments:

Snowcatcher said... #

That's an interesting pattern. I'd not seen anything quite like it before. It reminds me of the prayer flags I often see in the mountains, only the colors in this are far more beautiful!

Tammy said... #

Congratulations to Kim V

Karen @runsewfun said... #

What a great pattern. Thanks for pointing me to it. I love the rick-rack touch. Nice job.

Rosa said... #

Such a beautiful pattern and quilt.Congrats to Kim!!

Dona said... #

Really, Really Nice! Love the colors and the pattern.

JanineMarie said... #

What a fun pattern--and the colors/prints are so happy. They really capture the feeling of going to the fair.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said... #

Beautiful quilt and lovely pattern!