February 14, 2014

my kids being crafty....

I'm not much of a crafter outside of fabric and a bit of paper-crafting. But I have 9 and 10 year old daughters that come up with creative requests and ideas ALL THE TIME. So with Valentines day coming up, and 48 Kinder Surprises gifted to us from Kinder - I gave them a craft to do. Just using wrapping paper and tape, they made little gift bags (there are lots of tutorials on-line, we didn't have a favourite).  Then they helped their little brother and sister put the treat in them, and write out their cards.


But then my older girls clued in that their classes weren't getting anything, so they insisted on making home-made treats for them. We made a quick dough recipe - then they rolled, baked, iced, and sprinkled.


If I give my girls some room and tell myself not to micro-manage their work, it really turns into an enjoyable afternoon. And most of the time I can sit back and watch, or get some other work done in the kitchen while keeping an eye on them. But best of all, the girls LOVE that I give them the opportunity to create or craft, which equals happy thankful kids.


No comments: