December 04, 2013

WIP Wednesday . . .

Haven't shown a WIP in awhile, but wanted to share these Fanfare flannels that I won at luvinthemommyhood. I picked up a coordinating minky for them, and am hoping to turn them into a baby quilt for a close friend of mine . . .


And yesterday was chilly and sunny in our town - perfect excuse to whip up something cozy and cute for myself (it looks a bit big on her, but my daughter is modelling it because she's much cuter than me). My hubby doesn't know if he likes it, I'm still trying to decide if I can pull it off. It's backed with minky so it kept me nice and warm. Hoping to make a bunch more of these for my girls . . .


And one of my daughters brought home a birthday invitation with a message from the birthday girl that she had already received a handmade purse and apron from me from previous birthdays. I'm starting to run out of handmade birthday gift ideas, especially as the girls are hitting tweens soon. I settled on making a cosmetic bag and filling it with some jewelry, perfume, and hairchalk.  Not sure I like that my girls are growing up so fast . . .