December 05, 2013

A Joy to Share . . .

Today we decorated the tree and started getting into the holiday spirit.  A couple more weeks and I'll have these little blessings off of school for two weeks. I've decided to be intentional this year about planning activities, setting up a computer schedule (and making sure it includes lots of math websites for the older girls, and reading and letter activities for the younger ones), and filling my freezer with kid-decorated cookies and kid-rolled meatballs.


I also hope to include activities that help others - such as bringing donations to the local food bank, baking for others, going through their used clothing and toys and donating to a charitable second-hand store, and donating our time to help out a neighbor or shovel a driveway.


Here's another simple way to help others this year - KINDER® has partnered with Children’s Miracle Network and launched the A Joy To Share campaign. They are willing to donate $25,000 to this worthwhile charity, but they want to encourage personal involvement – yours! For everyone that creates a greeting card to share some holiday joy, KINDER® will donate $1 to the Children’s Miracle Network. You can create yours by going to their Facebook page.


Disclosure: I’m part of the Kinder® Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group.  The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments: