September 17, 2013

a custom baby quilt . . .


A close friend of mine gave me a baby quilt request for her niece- it had to match the colors of the nursery, have the baby's name on it, and have a fairly simple square pattern.


Here's the paint done in the baby's room.  I was asked to add in a couple browns as well.


The fabrics were mostly purchased locally, and the pattern is All About Me by Atkinson Designs.  Quilting was done free-motion, and the binding was machine stitched.  The letters were attached with fusible web, and then the edges were machine stitched.


It was nice to work on a quilt again, it's been awhile.  Maybe the rainy weather we've been getting will  motivate me to work on some half-finished quilts laying around here . . .





7 comments:

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said... #

I love baby quilts with their names on this. Yours is just perfect, and I'm sure it will be treasured for a long time :)

Julia Graber said... #

I too like baby quilts with their names on them. This will surely be a treasure in years to come. Wonderful job!

Pam @Threading My Way said... #

Just beautiful!!! Love the colours, the design and the fact that the baby's name is incorporated into the design.

Qltr89 said... #

That is a very pretty and well-coordinated quilt. Well done! I especially love the name on the quilt. There is no question it belongs to Alana. Thank you for sharing.

Kay said... #

Beautiful. I think all babies should have a name quilt.

randi--i have to say said... #

Very nice quilt. It is sure to be well-loved!

Lynette said... #

Hey, this is very nice :D I want to make one for myself, actually. . . love those squares :)