June 12, 2013

twin baby quilts . . .


Two precious baby boys were born into our congregation, and a good friend and I made them matching baby quilts.


The fabric is from Riley Blake's Maritime Modern line, and the backing is a soft minky from our local fabric shop.


The pattern is just a simple patchwork, and the letters were appliqued with fusible web and finished off with a machine stitch.


Tomorrow is a quadruple baby shower for these twins and two other new babes.  I'll show the other two quilts as soon as I get some pics of them!

5 comments:

Heather D. said... #

Very sweet. The minky backing is so cozy, perfect for little babies.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said... #

So cute - and lovely to have the personalisation :)

Unknown said... #

So pretty! I've just started sewing and it really makes me appreciate things like this so much more. I did't think I liked that fabric (when I saw it online) but I LOVE it in that quilt!

Unknown said... #

When I saw it in an online store I meant to say...

Unknown said... #

How cute! No doubt will turn into a "binkie".