June 14, 2013

not your traditional baby quilt . . .


A close friend was just blessed with a beautiful baby girl.  And because she told the name before her due date, I was able to get a head start on a personalized baby quilt for her.  She was born yesterday morning, and the quilt was already delivered to the hospital room.


The fabrics are mostly from Carnaby Street from Art Gallery Fabrics, with a couple coordinating prints from my stash.


The quilt design is strips pieced together on the diagonal, cut down into rows, and sashing strips added.  The baby name was done with fusible web, and the edges are machine stitched.  The backing is a couple strips of minky from my local fabric shop.


The baby's mama is not much of a pastel person, so she loved these bolder colors and prints, and the grey mixed in.  And the quilt is still girly enough that it won't get claimed by one of her three big brothers.


13 comments:

Unknown said... #

So pretty!

Sara said... #

This is really cute!! The minky on the back is very cozy looking!

hydeeannsews said... #

wow, that is so nice! great picks on pattern and fabrics. your blog styling is great, too. =)

Alisa said... #

Looks great, Rebecca! I am sure she loved it.

Heather D. said... #

Fun, and different - I love it!

Paula said... #

How unique! Love the name applique!

Julie said... #

This is so fun! I love it with the gray and the pattern is so fun! You're right it's not your typically baby quilt but I think that makes me like it even more!

Pat Bravo said... #

Thank you for using my Carnaby Street fabrics in your quilt!

Ida said... #

Very eye-catching and unique. I'm sure your friend loved it. Great job.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said... #

This is beautiful! Lucky baby to receive a unique gift :)

Anonymous said... #

So cute!

Anonymous said... #

We at AGF thank you for making this amazing quilt! We posted it on our FB page :)

Yvonne Campbell said... #

This is really cute! It's something unexpected.