January 16, 2013

Quilt for a new nephew . . .


A bouncing baby boy joined our extended family last month, and so I had the pleasure of making him a quilt.


This quilt was actually started awhile ago - all the tumblers were cut out and pieced, but there weren't enough for a whole quilt.  So it was great to pull this out and have a quick finish with some solids and the little bit of All Star 2 scraps that I had left.


This is my first time piecing together letters in a quilt, and they were fun to make.


The backing is a soft minky in light blue with little stars all over it.


There's still time to enter my Birthday Giveaway - I'll pick a winner at the end of the week.


15 comments:

Julzie said... #

Lovley quilt and the solids work great and congratulations on the new arrival :)

Stella Nemeth said... #

I love your happy baby quilt. Great use of letters on it as well. No question who's quilt this is.

Janice @ Better off Thread said... #

Lovely quilt and I love the addition of his name to make the quilt bigger! Thanks for linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday:)

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said... #

What a gorgeous quilt! I love the colours!

Karen said... #

This is a very fun baby quilt. I love the addition of his name on the quilt.

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said... #

What a lovely quilt for a special nephew!

Crafty Gardener said... #

Love the colours on this cute quilt. Visiting from Sew Cute Tuesday.

Rebecca said... #

Very sweet! I love the last picture. :)

(I'm a Rebecca with 4 kids too.)

Jessica said... #

Great use of the tumblers. There's a lot of interest in this quilt, great job~

Michelle said... #

That's gorgeous! I love personalized quilts.

Kay said... #

This is a great boys quilt, love the tumbler pattern.

Sarah Craig said... #

Such a pretty quilt, Rebecca! Whoop whoop!!

Kristen said... #

Your tumbler quilt looks wonderful! Great blues!

Unknown said... #

This is absolutely beautiful!!! Truly gorgeous! Found you through the bloghop (HAD to click on your picture), and happy to be following!
-Bethany

Sue said... #

Thanks for the quilt Rebecca. Love the colours! I know how much work goes into making a quilt and it is greatly appreciated.