April 04, 2012

Just Three for April

Traceyjay Quilts set up a linky called 'Just Three' and I thought this would be a great way to set three sewing goals for myself for April.

Goal #1
Quilt my oldest daughter's double quilt.  She picked out a fleece blanket for the backing the other night and has been bugging me non-stop to finish it for her.  So I just finished pin basting it this evening, and I'm hoping to get started on the quilting tomorrow.

Goal #2
Cut out my bed quilt and get the top pieced!  After sketching a couple patterns, I came across the Sweet Starlet Quilt pattern from BasicGrey and knew it would be perfect - and I could stop hurting my head figuring out quilting math.  And the generous folks over at BasicGrey sent me some extra patterns to give away that I'll be posting about with my finished quilt top.

Goal #3
Get started on Summer dresses for my girls.  Dress #1 is going to be the new Badminton Dress pattern from Oliver+S, isn't it sweet?!  Now to figure out which patterns to use for the other two dresses . . .

And aside from my sewing goals, I also realized that I haven't hosted a giveaway for awhile, so I'll need to fix that with a big stack of fabric that I've ordered for some of my lovely readers.  Hopefully it will be here on time for me to post the giveaway next week!

6 comments:

Linda K said... #

Great idea! Just 3 goals for the month. I think I can do that. The girl's dresses will be fabulous- brings back memories of my little girl, all grown up now.

Katy Cameron said... #

Just a little list there then, nothing big... ;o)

Alisa said... #

I'm working on dresses too!

I just won that pattern that you are going to be making. :-)

Are you using batting on E's quilt too or just front and back?

Tracey Jacobsen said... #

I really want that Badminton pattern for Scarlet too... one of my goals was to make something fun or pretty... I have a feeling it will go to the little Miss, and will be something from Oliver & S. :)
Thanks for linking! I can't wait to see the Sweet Starlet when it's done! And good luck getting that big one quilted! :)

Sue said... #

Love the pattern for the quilt you are making for your bed. Can't wait to see how the dresses turn out. Elayna's quilt looks great too. Have fun with your projects. :)

Donana said... #

I can't wait to see your dresses. Quilting math should be illegal lol. I stink at it. There should be a toll free number to call to get the answers when we need math done.
Donna