April 03, 2012

fabric show & tell . . .

I just finished quilting a beautiful twin-size quilt, with a soft minky backing and I have sore shoulders to prove it.  But I can't show it to you, because it still needs to be bound and given before I can share it.  So instead, I'll just show you the fabrics that are taunting me right now and waiting for me to finish this last quilt before I can start something new.

This is a stack of Dimples fat quarters from the Andover Schoolhouse Sweepstakes, and I haven't decided what to do with them yet . . .

And these gorgeous prints are called Sunshine Bouquet and I won them over at the Pigtails and Quilts blog.  I definitely want to make them into a quilt, just need to decide on the pattern.  Any suggestions for a lap-size with 13 fat quarters?  Maybe I can mix in some of the Dimples fat quarters too . . .

And one more generous win, this time it's a honeybun of Fairy Tale Friends which came from the wonderful Pat Sloan herself.  I've got the pattern all figured out for a baby quilt I want to make, I'm just waiting for a pregnancy announcement from someone so I can start on it . . .

And here's a stack of Riley Blake prints waiting to be made into Spring/Summer dresses for my girls.  I got them for a great deal through a fabric co-op and just need to figure out patterns for my two older girls.  Any suggestions for modest but modern styles for 7 & 9 year olds?

Now back to my task of binding . . . can't wait to show the finished quilt to you!

Linking up to Fabric Tuesday.

4 comments:

Katy Cameron said... #

Lol, I love that you're willing friends to get pregnant just so you can make a quilt :oD

Ginette said... #

Those fabrics will make beautiful little dresses for your girls!

Sue said... #

So looking forward to seeing the finished quilt! Love the fabrics for the dresses! As for styles maybe just taking patterns that you have made and modifying them. You will come up with something, you always have fantastic ideas. :)

lisa said... #

if you need to send some fabric along, I'd take good care of it =) I have the book fabric by fabric 1 yard wonders and they have this CUTE skirt in one of their sections I am planning on making my girls. not a dress, but SO CUTE!