December 06, 2011

Goodie Bag Swap Received!

I just took part in a Goodie Bag Swap - a swap where you make your partner a bag or purse and then add in some extra goodies like fabric scraps.  This is the fabulous package I received in the mail today!  My partner said she didn't have a lot of fabric scraps, so she sent me bag-making supplies instead.  Well, that just suits me perfectly because a lot of these items are hard to come by locally.  And isn't this a great selection of items?!  I'm so excited to use them in some upcoming bag-making!


And instead of a bag, the clutch she made me is going to come in so handy on the upcoming cruise we have planned!  Perfect for my room key and essentials, and will look great on formal night or with a pair of jeans.  THANK-YOU Christine for putting so much thought and care into this wonderful swap package!

10 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said... #

Loving the festive look!
That's a great clutch and swag - enjoy the cruise in style!

Pat said... #

Very nice...and I like the way she has made the closure on that little clutch bag!

Grandma G said... #

WOW!! What an attractive clutch... and the bag supplies are wonderful! Have fun... on the cruise and making your own bag!

Heather D. said... #

Oh wow, that's something wonderful to receive!

Linda said... #

What a wonderful swap...that clutch is so cute! I love the closure on it...and all the goodies inside...you are a very lucky girl!

**nicke... said... #

you were spoiled! what a fun pile of goodies!

Stacy Lindblom said... #

OH my gosh, that bag is just fabulous!! Lucky girl!!

Anonymous said... #

How lucky you were. Do you have any idea what company makes that pattern or the name of the clutch? I want to make that!

Lindsay Conner said... #

Beautiful bag! When are you crusing? I'm going on a cruise the second week of January =)

Christine said... #

Rebecca I'm so happy you like your clutch! It was so much fun to make. I used Keyka Lou's Strap Clutch pattern found here - http://www.keykaloupatterns.com/product/strap-clutch-pdf-sewing-pattern She sells the hardware on her etsy shop too!

AND - not only was Rebecca my partner - I was hers!! I received the most perfect blue bucket bag - I love it!!! It was an excellent swap indeed!