October 07, 2011

Pattern Review: Oliver+S Sleepover Pajamas



Pattern description (taken from pattern):
Get out your new pajamas for the sleepover! The pattern for this boys' or girls' pajama top, which was inspired by vintage baseball jersey styling, features contrast trim at the outside edge and on the pockets. The cuff at the sleeves can be let down as the child grows. The elastic-waist pull-on pants have no side seam for extra sleeping comfort and include contrast bias trim at the hem that can also be let down as the child grows. Make the alternate view with ruffles for a sweet girls' version.  Available in two sizes: 6months-4 and 5-12.

Sewing difficulty:
ADVANCED BEGINNER: Suitable for someone who has sewn from a pattern before or has taken a few classes and completed several projects.

Fabric recommendations:
Flannel or any lightweight woven fabrics like quilting cotton, broadcloth, lawn, shirting, poplin, voile, and linen.  I chose a Riley Blake flannel (which I got for a steal at StitchSteals.com) and a coordinating solid brown flannel.

Overall design and fit:
They fit perfect; and I love that the cuffs on the sleeves and pants can be let down when he outgrows them - this will make them last for a couple of years.

Written instructions:
Are easy to follow, just pay attention to the right side/wrong side when putting pieces together.  Everything made perfect sense, and is in 'beginner' language.

Tips + Modifications:
None.  In my opinion, this pattern is flawless.   The only thing I did a little different, is used up some of my cute star snaps (how could I not, they go perfect with this All Star print) instead of buttons.  And because my little guy has long torso/short little legs, I turned the full cuff up on the pants to shorten them a little extra, but it will make them last that much longer.

Time spent:
It took me one morning to go over all the directions and cutout the pieces, and two nap times to sew it all together.  So in less than two days the pajamas were complete and being worn by my little guy.

Conclusion:
I love this pattern.  Seriously, can you get any cuter than this?!  I have definitely found the Oliver+S love ~ modern patterns with easy-to-follow instructions and professional results.  I've already got the Princess flannel ready for the next pair for my daughter :)


18 comments:

AnnieK said... #

The pattern is super cute...but the model is adorable!

Laura said... #

So Adorable.

Grandma G said... #

So cute! And they look so snuggly-comfy!

Tania Grim said... #

Oh fun im just finishing off brandons quilt from that fabric , it would be cute to make matching pjs

Alisa said... #

They turned out so cute. He's wearing 'big boy' pj's, Rebecca. Don't you miss the baby pj's? Sometimes I do. :-)

Go-Go Kim said... #

Too cute!!!! The jams and the cute pie!!!

Heather said... #

Oh my gosh, what a little doll! And those pajamas look SO cute and cozy. I think you've sold me on the pattern! ;o)

Lauren said... #

Wow those jammies are almost as cute as the little one wearing them.

SarahB said... #

Adorable! Great idea using snaps too!

Sarah Craig said... #

Those little jammies are so cute - and so is your model! Whoop whoop!!

harleywife57/ Mickey White said... #

your handsome man looks very good in his fancy pj's !! nice work !

ktquilts said... #

Cue, cute, cute!!! The outfit is great too! ;0)

Anonymous said... #

Great job!

and what a doll of a model :)

Whoop!

Vicki @ DottyJane said... #

How cute!

Jan M said... #

What a little charmer, and his PJs are great! Thank you for such a thorough review of the pattern, too.

ljeanne said... #

I love these pajamas. My daughter requested some pajama bottoms for my grandson. Would love to win a pattern.

Christina Marie said... #
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina Marie said... #

I am so excited to see your reviews on this book! I have it, but have yet to make anything... I don't know where to start! lol