April 11, 2011

Featured Etsy Seller ~ SewSweetPatterns


I've been in Summer dressmaking mode lately, and love working with work-at-home patterns, especially PDF ones that I can print off and start making right away! I discovered an Etsy seller named SewSweetPatterns and this week I'll be featuring three of her patterns. The first one is the GIA dress. This sweet pattern has a pleated skirt, a squared neckline, and has a back closure (I used snaps). I would consider this an advanced beginner pattern. The bodice is fully lined and the pattern bodice is fitted (I would recommend taking a chest measurement before you start cutting). The fabric I used is a cotton, but I think this would also be sweet done up in a knit. My daughter LOVES this dress, she said it was very comfortable, and she insisted on wearing it for a Mommy-date we had that night. Definitely a pattern that I will make again!This pattern is also available with matching doll pattern (wouldn't that be sweet?!) and the seller has MANY other patterns available for dresses, skirts, pants, shorts, aprons, dolls, and even some boy patterns. And you can mix-and-match for some great bundle deals. If you'd like to support this shop, please mention in the notes section that you found her through my blog. And check back this week for two more pattern reviews from her shop!

2 comments:

Alisa said... #

It's cute! She looks freezing. Is she? :-)

Quiltstory said... #

So sweet! Cute pattern and perfect fabric. Thanks for linking to Fabric Tuesday :)