April 13, 2011

the Elsie dress from Sew Sweet Patterns . . .

This was a quick dress ~ I made three at once, all during one nap time. My favorite details are the ruffles on the shoulders, contrasting band on the hem, and fully-lined bodice. I used a single snap for the back closure.These dresses will be for three of my little nieces, and none of them live near me, so the little model in these pictures is another niece of mine. I'll have to make her one of these dresses sometime soon, doesn't it look so sweet on her?The pattern for the dress is from Sew Sweet Patterns ~ a shop full of patterns for little girls, boys, and dolls. If you'd like to support this shop, please mention in the notes section that you found her through my blog.

6 comments:

Alisa said... #

You are so on a roll! These are sweet. (and yes, you should make one for M too. It looks cute on her.)

I am so not getting enough time in my sewing room. Such is life! :-)

Charlene S said... #

That little dress reminds me of dresses I made for my girls some 30 years ago. Quick, easy, cute, and can be individualized easily.

Regina said... #

What a great shop! There's so many cute things to choose from. I'll be sure to mention your blog when I finally narrow down my order.

Shari said... #

Very cute..I forgot to tell you Julia is only an inch shorter than Bentely...hopefully it wont be too short on her :D

Murr said... #

what a darling dress! this has inspired me to make a dress for my little gem.

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said... #

Wow, that's a quick dress! 3 in one nap time is impressive! So cute too.