May 22, 2010

publishing my blog . . .

So I've been blogging since 2006 and besides this blog, I don't have any photo albums or much scrapbooking to show for these past years. So I decided to print my blog posts so I could have a hard copy to look back on. There's different ways of doing this and depending on the program you have, your computer skills, and of course your time, you can make it yourself. However, I don't possess any of the above, so I went to a website called sharedbook.com and used their blog2print program. What can I say - but EASY! It took me all of 10 minutes to produce a book over 200 pages long complete with index and page numbers. I chose to buy the pdf file for a whopping $7.95 and emailed it to a local printer who printed it off for me. Less than a day later, I had this wonderful book in my hands. I encourage every blogger to print their blog as a keepsake (and it makes me feel better about being a scrapbooking slacker).

3 comments:

Margaret Aikema said... #

What a relieve for you to have that all done just like that. I'd love to look at the book when we come next. Smart thinking.

Sue said... #

What a neat idea! Sounds super easy too. :) Definitely the way to go.

Kacie said... #

That is a fantastic idea! My sis-in-law made a book out of my blog posts that chronicled my first pregnancy, but I think it would be nice to have a paper copy of my entire blog.

Just in case, ya know, the internet eats it or something.