May 26, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival . . .

This is the quilt I'm submitting for the annual Blogger's Quilt Festival (some of you may have seen this one before). It's Alyssa's toddler bed quilt. I made it because she was outgrowing her baby quilt and I seem to take a loooong time to finish twin-sized quilts, so this seemed doable.
This quilt is full of firsts for me:
My first time doing an online quilt-along.
My first time using my scallop ruler for the border.
My first time cutting bias binding.
My first time labeling a quilt.
My first time quilting with minky for a backing.
and My first time getting complimented on a quilt by the fabric designer herself. (okay, so it's the only time - but I just had to throw that in there :)
This is probably my favorite quilt that I've completed; it was a great learning process. And this is one of my favorite fabric lines ever (Sandi Hendersen's ginger blossom). I'm hoping that my daughter will love it one day too - she still prefers her baby quilt with her feet sticking out.

11 comments:

Alisa said... #

That seems so typical of Alyssa! :-) Still love this one.

Katie B said... #

This is a beautiful quilt! I love the scalloped edging.

Mom said... #

Love those fabrics!

Margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Denise said... #

great quilt...and great idea to use Minky on the back!

beth said... #

What a wonderful quilt!! Your daughter is doing the natural thing....hanging on to that baby blanket!!! YOur scalloped edge looks great!

Leslie said... #

this is beautiful...some of my favorite fabrics. i especially love the scalloped edge that you did. gorgeous

erin lebeau said... #

oh this is beautiful--love it! http://erinlebeau.blogspot.com/

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said... #

A very beautiful quilt! And I love your scalloped border :o) I am a novice quilter with unfinished quilts! (...some of which were supposed to be twin size quilts for our children after their first year of college are looking more like my goal for crib size for when they have their babies!)

Blessings & Aloha!
(I finally have some free time so am trying to get to more amazing Quilt Festival posts!... so happy to see yours. I would love to have you pop over to my place. And if you get a chance, please let me know by leaving a comment. :o)

...also...your little ones are so cute! Love your header on your blog with their photo in it. :o)

Eileen said... #

darling quilt!! i just love how the scalloped border recreates the scallops in the fabrics--so clever of you. nice job! and i agree you have darling kiddos--i have 7 almost 8 darling grandkiddos. thanks for sharing and come visit me if you can:http://fligamapoof.blogspot.com/
i'm having a little giveaway this week--first one. have a great day

Andrea DV said... #

one of these days i'm going to get a sewing machine so you can teach me how to make gorgeous quilts like this :) I'm in love with the design and fabrics you chose!

Angie said... #

Beautiful!