January 29, 2010

Craft Hope quilt . . .

After the earthquake in Haiti a few weeks ago, an organization called Craft Hope opened an etsy shop and started accepting donations from crafters around the world. All proceeds from the sales are going to Doctors Without Borders in Haiti. Their initial goal of raising $5000 has been smashed and they have raised in excess of $27,000!

So on to my contribution . . . this is a quilt top that I had pieced some time ago but never finished off. The fabric line is Heather Ross’s West Hill collection (Matryoska Dolls and Floral Stripe). I had actually won this fabric off someone's blog, and the fabric that I used for the backing and binding was bought with a gift certificate that I had also won from an online sewing contest. I had forgotten how soft this fabric is and really enjoyed playing with it again as I quilted it and added the binding. The quilt got listed last night on the Craft Hope etsy shop and was purchased this morning.I'm linking this to Sew and Tell Friday. Go there to find some sewing inspiration!

13 comments:

Andrea said... #

I love the colors. It is beautiful!

Jocelyn said... #

Wow I really love it! The colors are beautiful.

Leslie said... #

i saw this on craft hope and thought it was amazing...i love it. so exciting that it sold right away. great finish for a great cause.

trish said... #

Your quilt is beautiful!
:o) Trish

Day before Michelle said... #

Wonderful quilt!

QuiltyBee said... #

Lovely colors--someone will really enjoy it.

Emily's Family said... #

Oh wow that is beautiful.
I am learning on how to make a cloth diaper. Can't wait.

http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/
lots of cloth diaper giveaways

Sue said... #

Love the quilt! So glad that it sold quick too. It will def. be enjoyed very much. :)

Lesly said... #

Congrats on the quick sale - it must be nice to know you're doing something to help! And someone will be enjoying a gorgeous quilt!

Kristen said... #

I love Heather Ross too. Great quilt. I've been watching the sales and I am amazed as well.

pinksuedeshoe said... #

Love your quilt, and so happy that there are so many people willing to donate their goods, and so many others willing to buy them. Beautiful job.

Diane said... #

Love the little dolls. I am still hoping to get my hands on some of that fabric. Beautiful quilt.

Rene' said... #

Great quilt and great cause. Thanks for sharing.