June 24, 2009

a new purse . . .

My purse was in need of a replacement and I wanted to try out the Buttercup pattern that's been floating around for awhile now. The pattern was super easy to follow and the purse came together really quickly. Changes I made included enlarging the pattern a bit and adding some heavyweight interfacing to give more shape. I love how it turned out except that I find the purse buckles a bit when I weigh it down - I think I might open it up and put in some heavier interfacing like pellon in the top band to help keep its' shape.

5 comments:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said... #

Your purse is beautiful!! I have this pattern in my bag pattern binder. Now that I've seen yours I really want to make one for myself!

PS. Did you know Hamels has a 50% off sale right now?

Anonymous said... #

sooo....on our sewing day next week maybe I could make one too??? lol

Laura

Anonymous said... #

It is really nice!
And you look great also :)
Shari

Sue said... #

Wow! Love the fabric and the purse looks like a nice size. Especially for traveling and stuff.

Pauline Perh said... #

Beautiful purse. It's shape is nice and it looks really sturdy.