June 26, 2009

a new bag . . .

A local quilt shop has some great deals going on and I couldn't resist picking up some fabrics for a new bag. So this is my new bag for when my purse doesn't quite fit everything. It will probably end up being a diaper bag on occasion, or for Bible study when I need to carry a few books. Right now it fits those couple extra summer items that need to be carried around and a couple things for Alyssa since I don't need a full diaper bag for her anymore. I made the pattern myself because I wanted something original but found inspiration from here and here. The bag has a couple inside pockets, closes with a zipper (my first time doing that!), the bottom corners are boxed for some stability, and there's some pleats between top and bottom fabrics. Anyways, a new fun bag for me to enjoy!

2 comments:

Sue said... #

Looks nice and roomy. Once again, good fabric choice!

Anonymous said... #

I love the fabric! Great job! almost makes me want to learn to sew better :)

Shari :)