January 21, 2008

new coat and new purse . . .

Did I mention I love Ebay? I have been wanting to get a new wool coat for quite some time now but couldn't find the right fit or the right price. I found one on Ebay that I loved but was a little hesitant because of worries about sizing and quality issues. After much contemplating I finally decided to go for it since it was such a great deal and I had to find something good to spend some birthday money on. It came today and I LOVE it! And it is much nicer in person than photographed.
I also went back to my sewing room today and sewed up this purse for myself. I know it has its' flaws but I'm still quite happy with it. It will nicely replace my current everyday purse which has holes in the lining. I'm hoping to get better at this purse sewing thing since I love doing it and hate buying purses that break on me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said... #

WOW!!! I love the jacket...looks really comfy!!
and the purse too!! It must help to find time when the sewing room is always set up...
Jen

Jessica said... #

Love the new coat and purse. Where do you find the time to sew so much with 3 little ones?

Anonymous said... #

Nice coat Becca. I'm just amazed at your genius with the sewing machine.