January 31, 2008

another cute little purse

Here's another purse from the same pattern as this one. But this time it's for me! I have been finding more time to do my sewing lately since our storage room has become my crafting room. A friend gave me a big table that fits the width of the room perfect. It has been so nice to start a project and leave it all laying out until it's done and to be able to sneak in there for a half hour here or there. I've also been tackling my scrapbooking supplies over the past few days and now I can finally see what I all have and will hopefully get some of this caught up too this year. The room has a bunch of shelves that were already there - so they are all filled up now and organized - it's definitely a big motivator to start on new projects when you can see everything.
And an update on Brad: he had his surgery this morning and everything went really well. When I went to pick him up he looked so great - a huge difference from his similar surgery seven years ago! He came home only three hours after surgery, was super hungry since he hadn't eaten yet today and he is now in bed having a nice long nap. I'm starting to get excited now about having him off work for the next 3-4 weeks. It will be so nice to spend quality time with him - he can't run off and play golf or work on anything in the house. It also might give me a chance to run an errand here or there or do groceries without taking all three kids with me. Alyssa will definitely be joined to my hip during the recovery since Brad will NOT be able to pick her up, but I should be able to leave the older two with him here or there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said... #

I've never know anyone that came home so fast after surgery. It's good to hear that all is well though. Enjoy the time when Brad's home. Now you can maybe concentrate more on some of your projects. Nice purse! Doesn't stuff get lost in those purses. Would be neat if they were lined on the sides with all sorts of pockets and maybe even have a couple of dividers in the middle with cardboard or a type of plastic lined with fabric. You make me itchy to go up and make a purse. The hardest would be to find which fabric to use. Give everyone of big hello and hug fro Mom/Gramma

Anonymous said... #

G'Day! Greetings from The Land Down Under! I stopped by your blog today to say "thanks" for participating in my Bloggy Giveaway! Tomorrow I will post the winner.

Great little purse! Lovely work! Well done...do you have an Etsy shop?

Anonymous said... #

That sure is quick to come home after surgery! Glad to hear that all went well. Rebecca you are so handy with all the projects that you make. They are all so neat and cute. One day....Hi to everyone out there and hope Brad has a good recovery time. Take care.
Love, Sue