February 08, 2013

Scripture bags . . .


Our girls school is having a fundraiser dinner tonight.  It has been a long tradition that the silent auction is for talents - whether it be in handmade items or services.  After getting my hands on a panel of pre-printed scripture verses, these scripture bags come together quickly for the silent auction.


I've made these bags several times now, and they fit our Psalter book and a standard size Bible.  This style is my 'boy' version, but my oldest daughter already told me that she prefers it over the 'girl' one :)


For the 'girl' version of this bag I like to make it with pleats or gathers on the front.  The style is inspired by this pattern.


There are so many more fabrics in my stash that would work great for these bags, and it's fun to have a quick finished project.  Now if only I could finish off the five quilts that are in progress, maybe I could spend more time making these . . .

6 comments:

Sue said... #

Love both versions of the bag. I really like the fabric used for the "girl" version and how they compliment each other. Have fun with your quilts. :)

Shannon Wallace said... #

I love these! Thank you for sharing! :)

Linda said... #

Great bags! Love them both!!

Jocelyn said... #

I love this idea. I have some of the block scripture words. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jan said... #

Love it! Where did u find the scripture blocks?

Jan said... #

Love it! Where did u find the scripture blocks?