February 04, 2013

My Starburst progress . . .


On Friday night, I had three hours all to myself while the girls went out with their Daddy.  So I spent it working on my new quilt for the Starburst Quilt-A-Long.  I have the four stars done now (they are 24" square each), and still need to add the sashing.  I'm contemplating adding borders just on two sides of the quilt to lengthen it a bit (my backing measures 62" wide so I want to take advantage of that).  I've been looking for instructions for a chain or cross-over design, and so far the closest I've found that I like is the Chain Reaction quilt from Freshly Pieced.  If anyone sees a tutorial for a cross-over type border, I'd love the link!

7 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said... #

You did a wonderful job on this block...I remember trying this one years ago...I mean waayyyyy back..lol. I drove me crazy!! all those 90 degree angles...Yours looks fantastic!

Sewing Mom said... #

THey're lovely! Great job.

Rosa said... #

It looks fabulous!!

Chiska said... #

So pretty. I was thinking of adding a border to mine too--but I'm not as far along as you are.

Melissa Corry said... #

Stunning!!! I love your blocks!! So pretty to see them all together :) Can't wait to see what you decide on your borders and sashings ;)

Katie (The Literary Files) said... #

They look beautiful! I love the colors you've chosen!

Ashley said... #

I wish I had cut my fabric to the tune of yours... would give me that boost to cut into my nice stack waiting to be used! Looking forward to seeing a picture of your final product :)