December 11, 2012

Second quilt finish for Do Good Stitches . . .

Yesterday I sewed the binding on, and finished this quilt just in time to link it up at Stitched in Color today.  Rachel is hosting an end-of-year celebration for all the Do Good Stitches groups.  You can vote for your favourite quilt (one was selected from each group - my group is JOY) or you can link up a finished charity quilt that you made (there are two linkys - one for bee members and one for everyone else).


This quilt is made using the Hugs & Kisses quilt block tutorial from LittleMissShabby.  I changed the dimensions a bit to have larger finished blocks.  The finished quilt is 62" x 49".  The backing is a flat flannel sheet, and the binding is an orange polka-dot that I had in my stash.


Once again, the Joy bee block members did a fantastic job on their blocks, and I love the scrappiness of this quilt!  So many fun fabrics all together make for one bright and cheery quilt.


It will also be going to a cancer patient, and I plan to deliver it along with my first quilt this month.  I hope it also brings some warmth and comfort to someone during their difficult struggle and treatments.


7 comments:

Laurel said... #

just out of curiosity, what block dimensions did you use?

Rebecca said... #

I used these measurements:
Four 7" squares (in prints or solids)
Eight 3.5" squares (in prints or solids)
Eight 5" solid white squares

The blocks were just under 13.5" square.

Rosa said... #

It`s gorgeous!

Alisa said... #

It turned out great! That is a really great block for this kind of quilt. Way to get them done!

barbara woods said... #

beautiful quilt great work

Dawn said... #

It's very sweet!
Nice job!

Josée Carrier said... #

Hi Rebecca, both of your quilts from the Joy circle are beautiful. They will sure bring comfort to those patients.