December 12, 2012

felt garland . . .

I've seen this idea around blogland, and thought it would be a great project for my oldest daughter.  She picked out 9 sheets of felt from the craft store (they were 34 cents each).  Then we took out the Baby GO and circle die and she and a friend cut out all the circles.


She did all the sewing herself which she was super thrilled about.


Pretty proud of her finished product :)


If anyone has any other simple sewing ideas (ones that I don't have to constantly help and supervise), I would love to give her more projects to do during Christmas break.


5 comments:

Deb said... #

Sweet project...I may have to do this with my granddaughter. We will have to hand cut the circles, but that can be part of the fun!

Anna @FreshDewDrops said... #

Thank you so much for sharing this, Rebecca. We have the Baby GO cutter. We have the circle die. Just need to get some inexpensive felt. I can think of a couple little people who are going to have some fun : )

Me and My Stitches said... #

She should be proud! That is a cute idea!

Lynne said... #

What did she use as thread? Monofilament up top and a neutral bobbin thread, or both neutrals?

Anonymous said... #

How cute! What a great idea...I never thought of something like that.