December 31, 2012

A crafting year in review . . .

This is something I like to do at the end of the year . . . take a look back at how I spent those afternoons when my little one was napping, and those evenings when the hubby was gone to another meeting.  Reaffirm why I LOVE my hobbies of sewing and quilting, and where all those fabric purchases went to.

Not as many bags this year, but I did get one made for me :)  Two bags were given as giveaway prizes, and the rest were gifts.  There were also more little totes given as birthday gifts, but I didn't blog about them all.  I've also realized that bag-making is one of my favourite ways to spend my sewing time.


Some accessories . . . mini pouches, a Kindle cover, fabric buckets, some pillows, and other miscellaneous little projects.  I often only make something once, but looking back reminds me which ones I should make again.  The table topper was for me, and I'm enjoying it every day.  And my favorite project was probably the handle cover I made for my little guys room - it keeps him in there and has been a sanity saver when we put him to bed at his grandparents house when we're visiting.


Not as much clothing sewing as previous years, but my girls are getting older and are starting to prefer going shopping and trying things on over mama-made.  And my youngest daughter's closet is starting to overflow with the hand-me-down dresses that I've made for their big sisters, good thing she likes to dress up!


And the quilts . . . two signature quilts for some very special women in our church fighting with cancer. Two quilts made with the Do Good Stitches Joy circle, also for cancer victims.  One little boy charity quilt.  Four quilts made for friends and new babies, some rag quilts for gifts, and one last double-sized quilt for my oldest daughter's bed.  Hopefully 2013 will have many more quilt finishes, including one for my own bed.


I have a few more finishes that I haven't blogged about yet that were given as Christmas gifts.  So hopefully I get to those over the next week or two.

THANK-YOU to all my readers and followers for cheering me on this past year!  This online community of quilters and sewers has been such a fun way to share projects and be inspired for the next one!

6 comments:

Tania Grim said... #

You are so talented Rebecca!!

Wendy said... #

so many finishes! I can see why you love making bags, they're beautiful

Sherri @ RebeccaMaeDesigns.com said... #

Beautiful work! Happy new year!

Janelle @ Emmaline Bags said... #

Lovely projects Rebecca! I especially love the Steph-in-the-City Bag, but I am a big biased! It turned out so gorgeous though. I love those quilts too, so inspiring. You sure did a lot of sewing in 2012.
Janelle from Emmaline Bags.

Anonymous said... #

Hi www.blogger.com owner, are you interested in links exchange? Reply to my email
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpDuo-K4LEs]Unlock Nokia Lumia 810[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIqdsgJvQsI]Unlock Samsung Galaxy Premier[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xikJ5Z55nRU]Unlock Nokia Lumia 920[/url]

Anonymous said... #

How to unlock your mobile for free
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUzUoRxvS68]Unlock Nokia 5700[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOn5rRfLpmg]Unlock Nokia 6267[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G7sFnh_Wck]Unlock Nokia 5610[/url]