December 31, 2012

Holiday baking and cooking . . .

This tutorial popped up in my blog reader a couple weeks ago, and it made for a quick gift for some teachers and neighbors.  The instructions come with printable labels and directions, and it was a great project to do with my girls.  We made a batch in our own kitchen this past weekend too - gotta test them out, right?


A friend and I also got together recently and spent most of the day making a big batch of dutch croquettes, a yummy meat filled and battered delicacy. We hope to get together in the new year to do some more cooking for our freezers.  I love being able to pull something quick and easy out of the freezer for dinner on a busy day.


I grew up with a professional caterer for a Mom, so our kitchen was food-safe, complete with inspections from the occasional health authority.  I know the rules about wiping down the counters, disinfecting sinks, handling meat, and cross-contaminating foods.  I'd like to think that I have a food-safe kitchen in my house now, but I do like to rely on my antibacterial cloths and Lysol® wipes to ensure the job gets done.  Today I'll be making some appetizers for a New Year's celebration and I'd like to wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year's tonight!

Disclosure: I am part of the Lysol® Healthy Families Ambassador Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

2 comments:

Alisa said... #

Totally laughing now!! I hope the croquettes won't taste like lysol. :-) VERY cute teacher gifts!

Unknown said... #

So wish you lived closer... I made croquettes all on my own with some little helpers. The kids shaped the croquettes and rolled them in the crumbs/egg wash/crumbs. They aren't the prettiest to look at but they taste great! Cooking with a friend is a great way to visit and be productive:)