March 02, 2012

sewing for this week . . .

Another little girl birthday party today, and I was running out of ideas for this one (she already received an apron and book tote for her last two birthdays).  My daughter mentioned that she doesn't have a place to keep all her artwork, so after a Google search, I came across a file folder tutorial.  My daughter was pretty pleased with it, I hope the birthday girl is too!


And here's a sleepsack for my new niece (this one fits up to size 2T, so it's more for next Winter for her).  Our local fabric store had fleece at 70% off, so this was an inexpensive one to make, and I bought the bias tape pre-made.


And my BEST thing I made in the sewing room this week - a cover for the safety door handle for my the inside of my little guy's room.  Seems my little guy is protesting bedtime lately, and wants to join us or play with his sisters instead of staying in his room.  And those safety door handles are just too easy for him to pop off.  So I made a fabric cover to go over the handle and so far he can't figure it out :)



Linking up to Finish it up FridaySew & Tell Friday, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

11 comments:

Grandma G said... #

I love the art folder! Very cool! I might have to make one of those. And your doorknob cover is ingenious! :)

beaquilter said... #

great art folder, where did you find the pattern?
I often make these little portfolios for kids birthdays, I got a kit/pattern at connecting threads, it has 3 different patterns but I like the one for the note pad the best, then I also make a stuffed owl that matches, you may have seen them on my blog, it was a pin cushion pattern in Fons and porter christmas 2010 I believe. I would love to get the other pattern for art work, that would be great

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said... #

Motherhood is the mother of invention - love the cover for the doorknob thingy.

And your other finishes are great, especially the art folder.

Amanda said... #

Genius! Seriously, I am practically speechless over the knob cover. I will have to remember that when my girl defeats her's.

Katy Cameron said... #

Fun makes, and love the door knob lol

Go-Go Kim said... #

The first two are really adorable and the knob cover is BRILLIANT!

a Matula ikrek said... #

Lovely pieces again, I love the matching button on the file folder.
Tinkerbell sleepsack is sweet too. :o)

Sweet Woodruff said... #

Creative. you are a blessing to your family. Love that art folder.

Ashley said... #

What a cool folder! Maybe Justin will fool proof yet another door handle, but hopefully not for a while :)

Sarah Craig said... #

Aren't you clever? The art folder is too cute, and will be well used, I bet! Sweet little sleep sack, and the safety door handle is ingenious! Whoop whoop!!

Vicki @ DottyJane said... #

You've been busy! Very cute projects:)